Creamy Bluish Coffee Table

I realised the other day when I posted about my Mom's two end tables that I had forgotten to mention she also has the matching coffee table... and we made this guy over too! Currently my Mom doesn't have a whole lot of room in her house because my Grandparents live with her so she can look after them instead of them going to an 'Old Folk's Home'...which I think is pretty nice of her. So she made the sacrifice to put all her own furniture in storage so my Grandparents could move their own stuff in and feel at HOME :)

Here is what my Mom's coffee table looks like now and I'm hoping that my Grandparent's see how pretty it looks with their chairs and let it STAY rather than putting it back in storage :)


I know my Mom had a great time watching her furniture come to life again after spending so many years in the attic. She has some pretty good plans for this table...she showed me all her magazine clippings and her design ideas for the rooms of her house...which will one day be all her own again...



We went with a creamy bluish white for the coffee table which is just ever so slightly different from the end tables...


I think my Grandma enjoyed watching someone love her old books as much as she does...She's had some of them for over 80 years!


I hope everyone's having a fabulous week!


6 comments:

Amanda said...

your painted projects lately have me wanting to bust out the sprayer even more than i already do on any given day!

that table looks absolutely beautiful with your grandparents lovely old chairs (and books). :)

great work lovely.

Jessica said...

Great pictures Becky. I am heading to Mom's on Saturday so I will let you know where she put those beauties! She is so sweet to put her beautiful furniture in storage so Grandma and Grandpa can have their stuff out I love Grandmas old books too.
P.S. I like the new look of your blog

Jess
Xox

Shaunna said...

So very beautiful...beautiful sheen! Hope you can come link up tomorrow afternoon at Style Feature Saturday...such a great job! -shaunna :)

roseroomnz.com said...

the table looks wonderful and it sounds like your mother is an incredible woman! Very easy in this day and age to pop people away in an old folks home! Racheal:)

Skifty said...

I love seeing the transformations that you share! You and your sister did a really nice job on your mother's beautiful furniture. Also, check out my blog, as I just gave you and your sister an award! Congrats!
http://rachelpinkpants.blogspot.com/

A Wedding Story said...

Looks really great!