I learned something about myself doing this project...I am TERRIBLE at measuring things. I can't tell you how many times I had to re-cut the molding and trim. Angles are not my forte! I really want to take a class to learn how to do this well.
For the most part I did the project myself but I did have help for two things. Nathaniel and his friend Dwayne (Dwayne gets most of the credit on this one) cut through our original hood vent which sent sparks flying everywhere!
I'm not gonna lie I was such a chicken about it and hid around the corner.
This is Dwayne hard at work!
Here is a progress shot...wishin' I paid attention during Geometry Class
I already had all the tools required so this project cost me less than $40! And the result is that our kitchen looks like its worth so much more than it actually is!
A HUGE thank you to Holly for sharing this awesome idea!! I could have never even imagined something this cool!
Here is the link to the instructions on her blog:
Can't wait to share the rest of our kitchen do-over in the next day or so!